- It seems when you deploy a feature containing web parts, you still have to add it to the web part gallery for each site.
- If you want to reference controls in the CONTROLTEMPLATES directory, you can use the virtual path ~/_controltemplates.
- If your controls have a code behind that is strong named, you must fully qualify the Inherits attribute of the @Control directive.
- To remove broken webparts from a page, add the query string ?contents=1 to the URL. (Via http://sharepointinsight.blogspot.com/2008/06/remove-bad-or-broken-web-parts-from.html)
- To disable friendly error messages (and see the yellow screen of death)
- set the CallStack attribute of the SafeMode node to true
- set CustomErrors mode attribute to Off
- set debug attribute of the Compilation node to true
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Here are some notes from building a SharePoint web part.